Today in this ultimate Hostinger tutorial, we will see the following things (step by step):
- How To Buy Hostinger Hosting
- Setup Hosting Account
- Install SSL Certificate
- Install WordPress On Hostinger
So let’s get started
How To Buy Hostinger Hosting
In this section, we will see How to Buy Hostinger Hosting (Step by Step)
1. Go to Hostinger using this link, and it will take you to the page shown below. Here, choose your country’s currency by click on the earth icon next to the Hostinger logo. I’m from India. So I will choose India.
Now click on Start Now
2. The Choose Your Web Hosting Plan section will open, Here you can select any plan as per your website requirement – Single Shared Hosting/ Premium Shared Hosting/ Business Shared Hosting/ Cloud Hosting. We recommend you to go with either Premium Hosting or Business Hosting.
Now click on Add to Cart
3. Complete Your Order page will get open, Here select the duration of your hosting plan. We recommend you should go with either 24 months or 48 months.
Now scroll down, and you will see a section ‘You’re eligible for a free domain’ if your hosting plan qualified for the free domain.
Here enter the domain name of your choice and click on search. If it’s available, it will be added to your cart without any extra cost.
Remember that domain registration is free for 1 year only, after which it is chargeable, which will be around $ 8 per year.
Now review your Order Summary displayed on the right side of the page, and click on the Checkout Now
4. Create your account: Here, provide your Name, Email id, and set a Password to create a hosting account. You can also choose to sign-up with your Google/Facebook account. Keep this information handy. It will be hosting account credentials.
Click on Create Account & Checkout
5. Choose a Payment Method: Choose your preferred method of payment, and fill in the required payment details and click on Pay Now.
6. On successful payment, Hostinger will send you an email to verify your email address. So open your email and click on Verify Email
It will take you to the Hostinger website, where you will be automatically logged into your hosting account.
Congratulations! You have successfully purchased the Hostinger hosting. We have also created a video on How To Buy Hostinger Hosting, which is embedded below.
In the next section, we will see how to set up your hosting account.
How To Setup Hosting Account on Hostinger
When you log in to your hosting account for the first time, you will see a screen like this:
Now we are going to set up each one by one, so Let’s start with Domain Registration
How to Register Domain on Hostinger
1.Click on the Setup button next to the Domain Registration.
2. Sign up page for domain registration will open, here provide your personal details like name, address, number, and so on. This information will be used to register your domain name.
Now click on Setup>
On the next screen, it will display a message that we will register yourdomain.com in a few minutes.
Now click on CONTINUE TO CONTROL PANEL, and it will open the DOMAIN MANAGEMENT panel.
As you can see from the above picture, your domain is registered, and they sent you an email to verify your contact information. So head to your email account and click on the verification link. It will open a new window like the one shown below.
Click on Verify email
That’s it! You have completed your new domain registration on Hostinger successfully.
How to Setup Web Hosting
1. Click on the Setup button next to the Single/Premium/Business Web Hosting, and you will be greeted with a welcome window along with a Start Now Button.
Click on Start Now Button
2. Name your website section will open, here you will get two options – Choose a Domain and Use an Existing Domain.
- Choose a Domain option: All the domains registered with hostinger will be shown here. Select a domain from the drop-down menu on which you want to build a website.
- Use an Existing Domain option: If your domain is registered with some other registrars like GoDaddy or Namecheap, then choose this option. Here, You need to replace your domain name DNS with your hosting DNS to make your site work.
As my domain is registered with hostinger, I will go with a Choose a Domain option. Select Domain and clik on the Select button.
Next, it will give you two options – Build a New Website and Migrate my website.
We are going to build our website from scratch, so skip this step by clicking on Skip, I will start from scratch.
Next, “Let’s finish setting up” section will open. It is a very important step, as we are going to select our server location here.
Pay attention to your chosen website location and select a server location closest to you by clicking on the edit icon. For example, if you are from Asia, choose Asia (Singapore) server.
And finally, click on Finish Setup. It will take a few minutes, and when your website is ready, it will show you this screen:
That’s it! You have successfully set up your web hosting account.
Install SSL Certificate on Hostinger
1. Click on the Setup button next to the SSL Certificate Activation, a popup like the one shown below will open. Here select the domain on which you want to install an SSL certificate and click on Install.
That’s it! You have installed the SSL certificate on your domain successfully.
To make the process of setting up a hostinger hosting account easier, we have also created a video on How To Setup Hostinger Hosting Account. Watch it below:
How To Install WordPress on Hostinger
1. Log in to your hosting account, you will get a screen like the one shown below:
2.Click on the Manage button next to your domain name. It will take you to the control panel (hPanel) of the hostinger.
3. Now scroll-down up to the Website section, here click on Auto Installer, and you will get a screen like this:
As you can see under the Most Popular tab, it showing all the popular platforms to build a website or e-commerce store. Here, we are going to select the WordPress platform to build our website, so click on it.
4. Install WordPress pop-up window will get open. Here, under the domain field, we need to select either http:// or https:// for our website, we will select https:// as we have already installed the SSL certificate for our domain.
Now create an Administrator Username, set an Administrator password, provide Administrator email, and finally, your website title. Keep your administrator username and password information handy as you are going to need this information to log in to your WordPress admin area.
Click on Install.
That’s it! You have successfully installed WordPress on your hosting account.
You can now login to your WordPress Admin area by typing yourdomain.com / wp-admin / in your browser address bar and providing your WordPress login credentials. For example, my login URL is howdywp.com/wp-admin/.
If you have any problem in installing the WordPress On Hostinger, check out this video on How To Install WordPress on Hostinger, given below:
I hope this ultimate Hostinger tutorial has helped you to buy Hostinger Hosting, set up a hosting account, install WordPress, and install an SSL certificate. If you still have questions, do comment in the comment box below.
For Further Reading: