Welcome to Quick Launch Pad, Here we are going to keep everything super simple and fast so we can launch your WordPress blog or website as soon as possible. If you want to know everything in detail about how to start a blog, read this article on How To Start A Blog.
Here is a list of things we are going to cover in this article
- Pick a Domain Name & WordPress Hosting
- Setup a Hosting Account & Install WordPress on it
- Setup WordPress for First Time:
- Installing All Essential WordPress Plugin
- Pick up Best Theme For Your Blog/Website
- Installing WordPress Theme
- Write and Publish Your First Post
- Get Traffic to your Website
- Make Money with Blogging
So let’s get started
1. Pick a Domain Name & WordPress Hosting
To get started with a blog or website launch, we need two things:
- Domain Name
- WordPress Hosting
Most of the hosting providers provide a free domain name with their hosting plans, so you don’t need to register it separately, and in this way, you can save up to $10.
If your hosting provider doesn’t provide a Free Domain, you can register it separately at the lowest price on NameCheap.
Pick your preferred Hosting provider from the below links:
If you don’t know which one to select, we suggest you go for Bluehost or go through this article to find out who is the best hosting provider for your blog/website.
If you have any difficulty in buying hosting, and registering a domain name, check out these articles on How to Buy a hosting and Register a Domain:
- How To Buy Bluehost Hosting (Step By Step Guide)
- How To Buy Hostinger Hosting (Step By Step Guide)
- How To Buy SiteGround Hosting (Step By Step Guide)
2. Setup a Hosting Account & Install WordPress on it
We have written dedicated articles on all popular hosting providers for Setting up a hosting account & Installing WordPress on it. So check out these below:
- How Setup Bluehost hosting Account & Install WordPress
- How Setup Hostinger hosting Account & Install WordPress
- How Setup SiteGround hosting Account & Install WordPress
3. Setup WordPress for First Time
After installing WordPress, we need to set up our WordPress for the first time use. Here is a dedicated article on 15 essential settings must do after installing WordPress to get the most out of WordPress.
4. Installing All Essential WordPress Plugin
Plugins are a great way to add additional features & functionality to your WordPress website. We have compiled a list of must-have plugins that are necessary for any newly launched website.
Here is a list of must-have plugins
- Yoast SEO: Best search engine optimization plugin
- WP Rocket: Best caching plugin out there
- Akismet: Save you from a lot of trouble by blocking Spam comments on the site
- Contact Form 7: For the creation of the contact form
- Wordfence Security: Popular security plugin that protects your website from hackers.
There are many more plugins available in the WordPress repository for your website, and you can pick any plugin as per your requirement. To get started with plugins, Checkout our article on Best Useful Plugins for WordPress.
5. Pick up Best Theme For Your Blog/Website
In WordPress CMS, Theme = Your Website and its functionality. Selecting a beautiful Theme for your blog/website is a very crucial part, as it’s going to decide the look and functionality of your WordPress website.
We suggest you go for a premium theme. You can also use a free Theme available under the WordPress Admin dashboard. The Theme I used in HowdyWP.com is a premium theme purchased from ThemeForest.
Themeforest has thousands of WordPress themes and provides a live demo for each theme so that you can find out its features and functionality before purchase.
All themes come with hundreds of demos websites that are ready to use with a single-click import. After purchasing a theme, you can import any of these websites with a single click, and your website is ready to go.
If you are not on a tight budget, consider buying a premium theme. Free themes are poorly coded and not updated regularly, while the premium theme offers premium features, better security, clean coding, and regular updates.
Keep the following things in your mind while selecting your theme
- Your theme must be responsive as it works well on both the desktop as well as on smartphones.
- It has all the features and functionality you want
- Don’t choose a bloated theme as it may slow down your website performance. Bloated themes are heavily loaded with unwanted features that make your website slow.
- Check SEO and performance before purchasing a premium theme.
- Test your theme thoroughly. Almost all premium themes offer a live demo, so you can explore it before buying it.
Its one-time purchase cost is around $ 59 that includes one year of theme support from its developer. This is a one-time investment that I think is perfectly reasonable to create a beautiful blog or website.Explore ThemeForest
6. Installing WordPress Theme
Now we are going to install a theme. So, login into your WordPress account by following the link yourdomainname/WP-admin/ like mine is HowdyWP.com/wp-admin/.
You can also access your WordPress dashboard by simply login into your hosting account.
As I have told you earlier that there are plenty of WordPress themes available for free, and you can pick any of them by heading to Appearance > Themes > Add New Theme. And when you are done selecting your Theme, click on Activate to use it on your website
If you have purchased the premium theme, you will get a zip file of the theme, and you need to upload it to the WordPress dashboard, so follow these steps given below:
- Login to WordPress dashboard: yourdomainname/wp-admin/
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Select Add New Theme and Click on Upload Theme
- Now choose Your Zip file of the Theme you got from ThemeForest by clicking the choose a file option
- Now click on Install Now
- If all goes well, you will get the message “Theme installed successfully”
- Now click on Activate
And now, you can visit your website to see how the new theme looks by simply hovering over the Home icon and clicking on the visit site.
7. Write and Publish your First Post
It is very easy to write and publish in WordPress. Simply log into your WordPress Admin dashboard and go to Posts> Add New. And a screen like the one shown below will open:
Add the article title in the Title box and after that move to the “Start writing or type/ to choose a block” section for writing your content. I prefer to write articles on my PC and then copy-paste it in the post editor.
On the right-hand side of the post editor, you have noticed a few options like categories, tags, featured image, and so on. Under the Categories, select the appropriate category for your post and under the featured image add the main image for your article. You can also add tags under the tags section.
Now click on Preview to see how your post will be displayed on the website. If everything is good, click on the Publish button. Congratulations, you have published your first post.
8. Get Traffic to your Website
First thing first, the only thing which can get you ranked higher in google search results is your website’s content. Your content must be well written and cover the entire topic with each and every tiny detail.
Never ever copy the content of other websites it will harm your website ranking as Google will penalize your website for stealing content from others.
The best practice is to write an article, keep it simple, write your article in very simple language, and cover all aspects of the topic so the audience can read and understand it without any difficulty.
Now we are coming to the second part, which is also very important to get free traffic on your website. It’s called SEO (Search Engine Optimization). As the name suggests, SEO optimizes your website to rank higher in google search results to get more free organic traffic.
SEO covers each and every aspect of a website like speed, key-words, meta-data, backlinks, and so on. SEO is a very vast topic and it’s not possible to cover it all in a single article. There are three main parts of SEO:
- On-Page SEO: It covers your content quality, Keywords research and optimization, Meta-tag, Headings, titles, SEO friendly, URL, and so on.
- Technical-SEO: It covers Indexing, Crawlability, site load speed, Mobile-friendliness, Structured data, Security.
- Off-Page SEO: It focuses on High quality backlinks from other sites.
After publishing a post, sharing it on social media platforms also improves your site ranking and increase traffic. So you must create social media pages for your blog/website.
9. Earn Money with Blogging
There are many ways by which you can make money with your blog.
Here is a list of some popular ways:
- Ad Networks like Google AdSense
- Affiliate marketing
- Direct Advertisements
- Sponsored posts
- Offer online paid services based on your skill
- Offer online courses
- Sell digital products like apps, themes, ebooks, images, music, etc.
We will soon be going to write a detailed article on “How to Make Money with Blogging”. In this article, you will learn all the possible ways by which you can earn the money from blogging.
We tried our best to keep everything simple and fast. And covered as much as possible to cover in a single article. If you still have some questions on how to launch a blog/website, feel free to comment below. We will try our best to answer all your queries. Have a Happy Blogging!
For Further Reading: